To ensure candle safety please follow the care instructions and tips located on the bottom of your candle.
We have outlined this information and other useful candle care tips below:
- Never move the lit candle and always place the candle on a stable and heat resistant surface.
- Avoid exposure to drafts and never leave a lit candle unattended.
- Always store your candle in a cool, dry place below 25 degrees and away from direct sunlight as this can cause discolouration of the wax and destroy the fragrance.
- Burn your Standard Candle (350g) for 2-4 hours and your Baby Bordeaux Candle (45g) for 30min to 2 hours at a time, allowing the wax to pool to the outer edges of the jar. This is called a melt pool. Achieving a full melt pool guarantees an even burn and maximises scent throw.
- Ensure the wicks are trimmed to 7mm (1/4 inch) prior to lighting the candle. Keeping wicks trimmed prevents sooting, mushrooming and blackened glass. It is also important that wick trimmings are not left in the candle wax, as this will cause black soot and will discolour your candle.
- We recommend regularly wiping the inside of the glass with a dry cloth prior to each burn to remove any soot build up. Please do not trim wicks too short as this will result in too small of a flame and an uneven melt pool.
- Do not burn candle when wax level is below 7mm (1/4 inch) from the bottom of the jar.
Following these simple instructions will give you maximum enjoyment from your candles, while remaining safe.