Our all natural soy wax candles need some love and attention. We have handpoured these beauties for you to burn and enjoy, the below tips will enable you to get the best out of them so they fill your homes with gorgeous aromas.
As we do not use any additives or paraffins, every now and then there may be a slight in perfection when you receive your candle, this is the nature of having your candle hand poured with all natural products.
- The first burn is crucial! Keep your candle burning until the wax melts all the way to the edge. This will ensure each burn thereafter is even.
- Trim your wick to 1cm before re-lighting your candle each time.
- Do not burn your candle within 1.5cm of the bottom of the jar. If you continue to burn lower than this point, your jar may overheat and you run the risk of it exploding.
- Burn your candle on a heat proof surface.
- Allow the candle to cool and wax to harden before re-lighting.
- Keep out of direct sunlight, this will ensure your candle doesnt turn yellow.
- Please dont leave your candle burning unattended, especially around little ones and pets.
- Before each use, trim your wick to 1cm.
- If your wick is too long, it wil create black smoke, wick mushrooming and the candle will burn too quickly/
- If your wick is too short, this will create problems with candle tunneling.
- Always ensure the black ball on the top of the wick is removed (best to use wick trimmers). This will ensure you have a gentle burn.
- Cut the wick once the candle has hardened.
- Extinguish the wick by using a candle snuffer, or dipping the wick back into the wax pool.