Candle Making Classes
Bordeaux Candles has developed a wonderful interactive program for you to come along, have fun and learn the art of candle making. The classes are designed to teach you new skills through hands on participation and involvement in the entire process.
All classes are held in our Oakville studio.
(nestled in the Hawkesbury region just outside of Sydney).
During the 2.5 hour class you will:
- Participate in a fun game discovering different scents and choosing your favourite fragrance
- Learn the process of candle making and set up candles ready for pouring
- Pour your own candles - don't worry the wax will be cooled!
- Design and create a label for the gift box
- Morning or Afternoon Tea, includes fresh fruit along with some muffins, biscuits or banana bread (or the like)
- Make your own scented wooden beads
- Choose more scents and make your fragrance dropper
- Finish off the candles now they have set
- Label and box your beautiful products, ready to take home or give as a gift
Classes will be held in our Oakville studio and can hold up to 12 people.
We have set a minimum age limit of 7 years old. If you have a child that wants to participate between 5 and 7 years old, we will require a parent to purchase a ticket and complete the class alongside the child.
The program is also registered with Service NSW as a Creative Kids provider and all educators hold a current working with children check. This program has been developed by our experienced candle makers in consultation with a highly qualified child educator so that our attendees get the most out of their session.
Candle Making Class
$100 per person
You will receive:
- The 2.5 hour class
- Morning or Afternoon Tea
- 3 x Mini Candles boxed beautifully with you or your childs personal label
- 1 x Set of Wooden Scented Beads packaged in a cotton drawstring bag
- 1 x 350g Candle from our classic candle range or Reed Diffuser (as chosen by you).
(RRP on goods is $115)
We will happily accept your current year Creative Kids Vouchers for this.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations & Reschedules
Your space is reserved once full payment is received. This will be either via bank deposit, or payment with your Creative Kids Voucher – once redeemed.
If you are unable to attend your class for any reason, we would appreciate as much notice as possible. Classes are non-refundable and unfortunately we will be unable to reschedule you to another class.
In good spirit, we can offer you products to the value of the class. If you would like us to post your products, shipping costs will be taken into consideration when putting together your products.
Most parents drop off at the start time and pick up at the conclusion of the class. All students will be fully supervised throughout the lesson. If you would like to stay and observe the class, you will be able to watch from outside the tent and at the studio window as we have limited space inside these areas.
If you, as a parent or guardian, would like to participate in the classes, you will be required to purchase a spot at full cost.
The candles we have chosen for students to make have been tried and tested by our candle making experts. Our instructors are all trained in the art of professional candle making. We strongly encourage students, parents and household members to use the candles/products as per the care instructions on the glass vessel and cards provided.
If you have a group that you think would love to have a party with us learning the art of candle making, please send us an enquiry on the contact form below so we can make contact to discuss this with you.